Monday, January 27, 2014

Keeping Track of Your Pets Medicine

One thing I've learned as a pet parent is giving your pet the right dose of medicine at the right time is important. Since I'm addicted to Pinterest I stumbled upon a pin for keeping track of your child's medicine. Light bulb moment!

I should do that when and if my pets have medicine to take.  From previous blog post I've talked about my Pit Bull, Blueberry's food allergies.  In my research I learned that dogs with food allergies are more susceptible to ear infections.  Well................................................she had an ear infection (A nasty one at that) and it turned into a yeast infection because her brother Blackberry thought he was helping by licking and cleaning her ears. 

We went to the vet and he gave 3 different medicines.  2 pills given 3 times a day and an ointment for her ears given 2 times a day.  I used the method of tracking children's medicine I saw on Pinterest.  I have to tell you it made my life so much easier.  I didn't have to wonder if I gave the medicine or if my husband did.  No more worrying about missing a dose.


For the 2 pills 3 times a day I gave it with each meal; breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I put the ointment on her ears after she ate breakfast and dinner.

I'm blessed that Blueberry took her pills like they were treats.  I've battled with pleanty of pets trying to get the medicine in them.  It was either get it in a soft treat or its forced down the throat. None of that with sweet Blueberry! :)

As a pet parent/ doggy mom I highly recommend this method of tracking your pets medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment